Weight Loss Tips From CJA Lifestyle - Online Weight Management & Fitness Support
If your New Year's Resolution is to lose weight, then check out some of the weight loss ideas from Southampton doctor Lauren Airey and the lifestyle & weight loss team at CJA Lifestyle.
The highly experienced team of doctors at CJA Lifestyle provide weight loss consultations online for men and women looking to transform the way they look and feel.
If you have any questions or issues, we always have someone on call who will respond quickly and efficiently to offer help and support as you work towards your goals. We are here to support you throughout your journey.
Please consult a doctor before embarking on any radical exercise regime or weight loss programme.
In the meantime, consider trying some of these tried and tested options for weight loss.
- Drink water before meals to help you feel more full. The idea is that you will then eat less than you normally would. Drinking water is also said to boost metabolism over a period of 1–1.5 hours which can help you burn off a few more calories.
- Eat protein-rich meals. While we always recommend a balanced diet, if you eat healthy foods full of protein you will increase your metabolism and reduce your appetite.
- Reduce your intake of carbs, fats and sugars. Everything in moderation, but if your diet is full of refined carbohydrates (think white bread, pasta, white rice), saturated fats, fried food, sugar and sweets, it's time to rethink your diet as these are bad for your health.
- Drink green tea. The scientists are undecided about the slimming benefits of green tea but if you enjoy a daily green tea cuppa you will be pleased to know that it is contains powerful antioxidants called catechins. These are believed to work synergistically with the small amounts of caffeine in green tea to enhance fat burning.
- Cut down on portion sizes. We know it sounds obvious but you will begin to gradually lose weight if you can eat less. Try eating your healthy meals on a smaller plate for weight loss.
- Keep moving. Cardio or aerobic exercise is a great weight loss idea from our Southampton team.
- Try an approved weight loss supplement. You can beat hunger cravings and enjoy weight loss with the CJA Lifestyle Body Transformation Package.
- Get plenty of sleep. Many studies have found that people who are sleep-deprived have an increased appetite. Scientists suggest that lack of sleep may affect hormones associated with feelings of fullness or hunger. So make sure you get plenty of good quality sleep.